Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The First Cd You Bought or Where Given

Hi there blogheads!

As I think most of you know, I'm a big music fan. I've been buying music since I was 9 years old when my eldest sister, Terri, got me to contribute my pocket money to buy a record by Scottish group The Marmalade. However, as I'm a very old man, that record was a vinyl single (or a 45). I think the first CD I ever bought was Mezzanine by Massive Attack although I didn't actually have a cd player at the time.
I remember I bought it in a record shop in Preston where I was studying. My wife (girlfriend at that point) encouraged me to buy it because we were both big Massive Attack fans. I thought it was a great album (and still do) but not as good as their first 2 albums (Blue Lines and Protection).
My favourite tracks are Angel and Risingson. The music is quite dark and not very “up” (happy). Massive Attack are well known as pioneers of trip-hop, a mix of hip-hop and psychedelic sounds, but I think this album isn’t a good representation of the genre. The band was using real instruments (guitar & drums) for the first time and this makes it fairly experimental. Most people like this album because of the song “Teardrop• sung by Elizabeth Frazier from indie band the Cocteau Twins.
Write about the first CD you ever bought?
Say:
Who it was by,
When and where you bought it,
Why you liked it.
If you still like it now,
Which songs you like best and why.

Mention anything else you thing is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher’s blog and on the blogs of 5 classmates.

2 comments:

  1. Well, take some of my time to listen to this album and I really liked the song "Dissolved girl" I don't know why, maybe because the sound

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first CD was a Game CD
    i loved computergames more then music jajaja

    ReplyDelete