Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Future

Hi there Blogmasters,

When I was a young boy, I thought it would be nice to be a teacher. However, that idea only lasted 5 minutes and I soon decided I'd be a footballer, a musician or a movie director. Now, 100 hundred years later, here I am teaching in Chile. Believe me, it wasn't what I imagined I'd be doing. I’ve lived in lots of different places, done lots of different jobs and met lots of different people. So, in my experience, life very rarely turns out how we plan it. In fact, it would be very boring if it did. Just think, when I was your age there were no mobile phones, no commercial computers and the internet didn’t exist. How weird is that!

Anyway, today I’d like you to get out your crystal ball and try and imagine what you’ll be doing in 10 years time.
Say:
Where you think you’ll be,
What occupation you think you’ll be doing,
Who you’ll share your life with (family/partner/children, etc)
What things you will have achieved,
What changes the world will have seen.
Mention anything else you think is important.
Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on your teacher’s blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

5 comments:

  1. Professor, why did not you try being a football player? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professor, why did not you try being a football player? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. how was your chilidhood?
    i have lived like you, living in many countries...
    and how did you get that opportunity to be a english teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turns of the destiny are unpredictable :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. professor, I will always think that the coolest thing that you have done it's being a Dj.

    ReplyDelete